Monday, April 27, 2009

Curios

My grandparents are amazing. They've lived long, rich, interesting lives. My grandmother loves to travel, and I see this little cabinet of curiosities as a symbol of how she has lived her life. I love all of the little objects she collects and cherishes. As a child my eyes would bulge three inches from my head as I longed to tickle my fingers across the various knickknacks locked safely behind glass. Once she let me play with a tiny gold heart-shaped music box from some Asian country, which i promptly destroyed.

















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that the grandma who was a doctor? She seems pretty amazing. And has cool asian clothes. Ali's grandparents have a lot of random stuff from around the world, too. Fun.

hayley said...

doctor, affirmative. she was the first female to graduate from the U of U's medical school too, and at age like.... 18 or something young like that.