Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The things life is made of

recent events in my life have caused me to force myself to remember things I like about life. So, I thought I would share them in an attempt to focus on the positive instead of the negative.
this list is by no means all-encompassing in any fashion of any kind whatsoever:

things I like

Sunsets & Clouds.
Patterns and fabrics.
Indie Music.
Shaving my legs and putting on shorts and getting into bed and whipping my legs around under the covers.
Awkward eye contact with really normal looking people. Like people that would be named Bob or Susan.
Looking at art and listening to music at the same time.
Familiarity.
Making people who think they are really cool feel awkward.
Knowing I still have a lot of my life to live.
Hot baths during rainstorms, with Lykke Li as soundtrack.
Concerts.
Beating M. Bison on Street Fighter II.
Buying people clothes, so wear 'em.
Old pen drawings.
Feeling myself be moved by the Spirit.
Contradiction.
Being an artist; as much as I try to bottle it in, I can't.
Curling up in a ball.
Reminiscing.
Doing things my parents would never do.
How funny I am. I love it. I love being funny.
Watching people breakdance.
laying on the grass and staring at the sky, not caring if bugs get in my hair or ears.
Feeling the desire to be a better person.
Ace of Cakes.
Giving people music, so take it.
Eating fruits and vegetables out of my mother's garden.
Listening to my grandmother tell me stories about her days of glory, and how I can learn from her life.
Exploiting the awkwardness of my gangly body by dancing really nuts.
Education.

2 comments:

Meg Duffy said...

oh goodness.
i loved this a little too much.
a lot.
and it just made me want to
a. shave my legs.
b. dance with you again.
c. get all bug eared.
d. hear alll about your g'ma!!!!

g'ma glory stories? next post maybe?

oh please.

(varification word: gooports)

cool.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the shaved legs under the covers. It feels so nice!

Your grandmother is crazy amazing. And so are you.