Friday, January 8, 2010

A JAZZy Affair

Well I did it folks...
I won the first contest of my life.
And guess what it was?
A movie night with 3 JAZZ players, and no, I don't mean musicians, I mean BALLAS!

I was hanging at the hospital with my mom when it glimmered across the television. Mom had been watching the "Bonnie Hunt Show" or whatever, so the station was set to KJAZZ. I heard the words "AVATAR" and "RONNIE BREWER" and I was sold. All I had to do was text "3D" to some random number. I thought to myself at that very moment, "maybe this will be the contest I win, sometimes I have feelings about things like this right before it happens, maybe I'll really win.... NAAAAAAH."

A few weeks later I received a phone call informing me that I, Hayley Labrum had been one of the 50 selected out of 6,100 that entered to see "Avatar" at IMAX 3D at Jordan Commons with Ronnie Brewer, Ronnie Price and Paul Millsap. I was astonished. WHO WINS THIS KIND OF STUFF??? Not me, usually.

Anyway, I promptly informed Russell of our good fortune and the following Tuesday we found ourselves in the midst of 3 relatively famous black men.

Plus, we got free hot dogs, drinks and popcorn.


I couldn't stop smiling.

They signachus

That;s Russell's hat they're signing...
They're not as tall as I thought they'd be. look at Brewer's face, up close...
Stylin' the 3-D glasses...
They couldn't wait to it down to shove the popcorn in their faces...

My sister had a class with Ronnie Price at UVU. Weird.
Millsap kept giving me the eye when I would take pics, for real, maybe he was trying to warn me about Satan...




5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so crazy. Seriously, who wins that kind of stuff? Was Russell jealous because you were probably freaking out about the crazy tall b-ball playahs? All of these pictures are so bizarre. You went to a MOVIE with 3 JAZZ players. Who does that? Hayley Labrum. With her iPhone.

Dani said...

wow, hay. you ARE lucky. jeez. and i heard you got an iPhone for christmas. why was i not the first person to know?

deb said...

dude. I had a dream you were dating one of these guys. But he was a monster jerk. Not to you. To me. He kept patting me on the head. It was a bizarre dream. The next night I dreamt that Boyz to Men and Teitur were in concert together. A Boyz to Men guy kissed me on the cheek. You loved it.

hayley said...

ha ha ha Debbie, I love
your dreams!

Anonymous said...

Ha! You actually look short next to all those guys. New feeling eh?