Monday, April 19, 2010

On my sickbed.

Hello again.
I actually have time to write a blog as I am ill. Bedridden. Well, not quite bedridden. I have some weird virus that the doctor told me the name of but I can't remember. So far it has involved headaches, a fever (and a few hours later a temp of 96.4,) swelling of my throat to 14 times its size, waterfalls (mucusfalls?) of mucus, muffled hearing, and foggyheadedness. Could be worse. You should hear my voice though. I sound really funny. I missed work today, and since the doctor said I'll be contagious for five more days, I'm missing work again tomorrow. Thanks to Spring Break I'll have a paycheck of $4.88 this pay period. Not to mention the $100.00 I dropped on the doc and meds today. OK venting complete.

Last weekend was a fun one, aside from the mounting illness. I don't have a ton of goood pics like usual :), there was just too much fun to be had.

On Friday Russell and I went shopping at the Gateway for a while, I didn't buy anything, surprisingly, and took a couple things back (including my purchase from The Gap the other day [it was too big;)]). wow funky punctuation. Then we went to dinner at Cafe Trio, one of my all-time faves. It was deelish. Then we went to my house and got suckered into watching a PBS Anne Frank show. It was one of those where we'd periodically say "WHY are we watching this?" but keep watching it.
These are the only two pics I have from Trio, I told Russell he looked forlorn in the first one. He didn't agree.
On Saturday we mustered up the courage to take my dad's canoe out. We aimed high and struck low, that is, we originally said we'd go to antelope island for the day and ended up at the Daybreak lake. What's even funnier, now that I think about it, is that I started with hopes of going to Cali over Spring Break, then LV, then St. George, then Antelope Island, then it came to Daybreak. Just me and Russell canoeing along. We packed a lunch and ate it in the canoe. Russell's sister and hubby and child came for a visit too. Then Russell and I managed to make it to the Jordan Parkway with our bikes for a bike ride. It was rather enjoyable, what with the weather and all. Then we went to a BBQ/Jazz party at a friend's. The Jazz lost but the food was great. You'll notice Russell sitting in his stroller sucking on his bahbah of ginger ale. The adorable baby is Russell's nephew, Alexander. In the first pic you'll see one of Russell's many classic "Russell face(s)"

6 comments:

deb said...

Russell does look forlorn. That is the only word for that face. Well, come to think of it, it could be a "I just tooted and it smells bad" face.

Anywho, that sounds like quite the illness my dear. I am glad that you are getting needed rest to get better. And I do hope that good health is right around the corner for you.

Canoes kind of make me nervous. But they are pretty fun. I think if you go back to Seattle you should canoe on Green Lake. I wanted to do it, but never did.

Dani said...

that is a cute baby. very cute. hopefully you didn't give him your illness.

so...what is the cure? or will you just eventually waste away and die? don't do that. that would be sad.

we should go canoeing sometime. just you and me.
Okay, just kidding. i know you're making fun of me in your head right now. what i really mean is we should double date it up.

Unknown said...

Sorry you're sick! That sounds un-fun.

What an active weekend you had! All of those activities sound perfect.

Anonymous said...

Fun stuff - except the being sick part. Russell's nephew is so cute!

Dani said...

okay, well, you are NO LONGER ON YOUR SICKBED and you need to write a new post already. it is my friendly duty to remind you to do so.

love,
dani

Stephanie said...

You haven't blogged in a long time.