Monday, January 3, 2011

Two Paintings and a near-death experience



These are two paintings I'm hoping to put in a show coming up in February.


Guys I almost died a week ago. But I actually didn't really come close.

On my way home from babysitting at my brother's and sister in-law's I was traveling South in the left lane on Legacy Hwy, about to enter I-215. My boot slipped and kinda caught between the gas and brake. I looked down to figure what was going on. When I looked up I was in the gravel of the left shoulder. I freaked out and turned the real to the right, the gravel spun me and I ended up catapulting off the right side of the road at 60 MPH whilst doing a 180 degree turn and flying down a hill. I landed in a marsh. Somehow I hit nothing on the way there. No other cars (which were prevalent,) no mile markers or signs, no rocks, I just landed safely in the mud. I managed to get out of the deep part, but got stuck. My brother came to my rescue. He called a tow truck. I spent 80 of the dollars I had just earned for three days of babysitting. I washed my car and went home. I had gotten really scared. I cried. I was embarrassed too. Who does that? ME.

5 comments:

Dani said...

Hay...stop almost dying! Remember that one other time that you got in an accident on univ. ave and didn't even really TELL anyone? why do these things always happen to you?
p.s. i am really glad that you are safe.

Dani said...

also, i really really love the river in the woods painting. a lot.

Stephanie said...

Hayley that is scary! I probably would have cried too. Then again, I'm pregnant. But seriously, I'm glad you're ok! Don't wear those boots anymore while driving.

Unknown said...

I like that woodsy painting. So does Monte.

Perhaps you should just stop driving.

Anonymous said...

Remember when I almost died getting off the subway in New York? Now that was a near-death experience! I'm glad you and the car are alright. Sorry about the $80 bucks. Bummer!