Monday, June 2, 2008

Perrizzle In Da House

SO...
Yesterday was Stake Conference for my good old home stake.
I sang some delicious melodies with the choir so I could sit five feet behind Elder Perry. Yes, Elder Perry. What a cutie! A very tall cutie. He was awesome and jovial in both the adult session and the general session. He railed on us for not spreading the gospel and told us the same thing would happen to us that happened in the Book of Mormon if we didn't build the kingdom of God. He said it was necessary to protect the promised land from being taken from us. I thought that was pretty interesting, right? Afterward I got to shake is hand, as well as Elder Courbridge of the Seventy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Elder Perry has changed in my eyes over the last few years. I used to think he was just a really nice guy with encouraging words to say, but lately he's been getting pretty strict at calling people to repentance. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I must have just deaf to what he was really saying before.

hayley said...

I agree. I would look at pics of him and be like "oh, he is sooo cute!" and just think he was a little old man with an adorable smile. But yeah, lately i've been hearing him speak out...cool.

deb said...

That's awesome. Hey, do you think if I shook your hand it would be like shaking Elder Perry's?

ms. s. manwaring said...

I'm always surprised with how tall Elder Perry is...he seems so cute and small in photographs!

Meg Duffy said...

good ol BYU... or was it South Jordan... that sounds great... being told we will be destroyed if we don't spread the gospel... I love when that happens, it makes me all warm and tingly inside...

I woudl have loved to have been there, seriously. you know how cute I think he is.