Monday, June 16, 2008

Where in the world is carmen san diego?

Pop Music.
No matter who you are, there's no avoiding it's penetrating blows.
Chris Brown, Rihanna, Mariah, JT (Justin Timberlake), Usher, that sick Perry chick (what a convenient rhyme, almost too convenient...); these comprise the face of what is now considered the "pop" genre, aka, junk.
My mind was polluted for hours on end, much to my dismay, for the duration of the last work week, by this filthy slew of pop junk as I and my faux-painting counterparts were barraged with the persistence of monotony: XM satellite radio's top twenty station. Not only was the station itself was repetitive, but each song in and of itself exhibited superfluous amounts of "shorty I can take you there"s and "in this club"s and "touch my body"s. My favorite was that painfully delicious melody of "with you, with you, with you, with you, with you," and again "with you, with you, with you, with you, with you," Someone shoot me!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The one that gets me the most is "tell me how I'm s'posed to breathe with no air?" I have this song in my head everyday all the time. I wish it would stop. It's just that every time I turn on the radio, there it is.

Dani said...

sounds like we need to have....

A MUSIC PARTY!


arrrghh..remember the good ol days?