Monday, December 15, 2008

snow. Christmas.


Christmastimeishere

Isn't it great? Cold?
So I really like Christmas time, I really do. I hate snow, I hate being cold, and I hate driving in nasty weather (witness: accident Dec. 8, 2008.) Those things are completely separate from Christmas, some would argue snow is inseparable, but they are wrong.
Why, you might ask? Because I said so.
I'm always right.
And, I think Christmas is more than all the glam (yes, snow IS beautiful, but If I was swearing woman I would say "snow is a B____." And Christmas is more than all the gifts and the bling bling and the what not.
I'm wishing everyone a Merry Christmas through my blog, 'cause it's the only way you'll take me seriously...actually....I just realized that no one will take this seriously either...but it's like the time when we were all talking about homosexual marriage and I said "but it's such a beautiful thing to find someone you want to be with, marry them, and be with them for the rest of your life, knowing that they'll be with you on everything, sharing in everything, and I can't wait to have that," and we all just sat there quietly for a moment until I burst out laughing and Stephanie said "I was like 'yeah, that is nice..." until you started laughing, then I didn't know if you were serious anymore."
It's like that, see, I'm serious, but I have to laugh at myself because of how cheesy it sounds, and that I'm the least cheesy person I know. I hate cheesiness. But, as my friend Karina once told said, "you taught me that you can make fun of something and still like it at the same time."
What I'm trying to say is,
Merry Christmas My darlings, I love you all dearly.
If you want to know how I feel about Christmas and Jesus, you will have to refer to your video library. Mr. Krueger's Christmas, therein lies the heart of Christmas. Jimmy Stewart breaks my heart as he approaches the baby Jesus. His intensity and love are exactly how I feel. It's real, you know? those kinds of feelings.... and I love it.

No comments: