Friday, June 19, 2009

Koo Cheetah Rainbow Piece

AKA my latest watercolor...

I think I liked it better before I added some of the stuff... But I think it's a cool concept... to paint a watercolor that looks like a crazy collage, and believe you me it wasn't easy, it was rather tricky in fact. Danielle can attest to that fact.
This piece is currently at "Jo-Anne" being framed; my grandmother is going to purchase it. You'll never guess how much the framing cost. Just take a stab at it and I'll give the person closest a high five. Not that anyone even reads my blog anymore... but it'll be fun for me anyway.

6 comments:

Meg Duffy said...

gosh i love this.
where does your g'ma live.
i want to go over there and convince her to give the piece to me.

i am gonna say that she bought it for 300 buckaroos.

that's what i would have paid. that's all i have.

hayley said...

Sorry for being unclear. The question I meant to ask was: How much do you think the framing cost?

My sweet 88 year-old grandmother lives in Cottonwood Heights FYI. The woman in the painting is her.

Dani said...

i'm going to guess that framing costs about $140. Go ahead. tell me i'm right.
and i love the piece. it's ALL watercolor?

hayley said...

It's ALL watercolor, you bet. Oh and by the way, dear Danielle, you are wrong. I'll allow three more days of guesses before I reveal the actual amount. I don't think anyone else will guess, but I like to keep you in suspense.
Hint: it's a ridiculous, completely absurd amount.

hayley said...

Okay no one else is going to guess.
So I'll reveal the framing cost:

$306.00

Jo-anne is retarded. I took a framing class. I know how much it actually costs to frame a piece. It most certainly does not cost $300. I could have framed it myself for like $50, plus some hard work. Oh well. Grams is buying it from me like I said.

Unknown said...

I could have done the framing for you!!!!! What a ridiculous amount.