Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Goings-on

Hi guys!
I miss you all so very much, to start.

And... I got a job... kinda!
Well, I was hired at Dancing Moose Montessori last Thursday. They are trying me out as a substitute first with the potential of becoming an assistant teacher. There are two teachers per classroom, one lead and one assistant. They teach ages 1-10 in about 6 or so classes, I haven't counted. I know I said I'd never teach back in the day... but the tides have turned. I had my first day today. It consisted of me floating around to 5 of the classes throughout the day. I even watched a class out to recess. Children are just so very cute and funny. The older class (which was the recess one) couldn't comprehend how skinny I am. Another little girl in a different class suddenly yelled at me "um, how did you get so tall???" The school also had a Chinese New Year parade that was oh so adorable, I loved it. It was a fun/crazy first day!


Things with Russell are going well. We had a delightful weekend together. We went to our friends' (Drew and Emily) on Friday night and ate Canadian food while watching the Olympic opening ceremonies. Saturday he came over with a dozen red roses in arm and we made a Valentine's breakfast, went to Barnes and Noble and played the new Mario game on the Wii while inhaling countless Pepperidge Farm cookies and giant glasses of milk. We just loved it.


Sunday we had some family parties.

Then on Monday, we, Drew and Emily went to the Park City outlets. I'm still broke of course, but Russell kindly bought me a flannel shirt from American Eagle.

Russell goes delirious around funky shoes.


Emily, Drew, Russell and I, braving the sleet storm in Park City.

Later we cleaned up, and he and I drove downtown and.... guess where we went.... THE ROOF! HOMENA HOMENA HOMENA!!! It was soooo delicious. It was the nicest restaurant I've ever been to.

Ha ha ha, look at Russell's face....

For my appetizers and main dishes I had delicious mushrooms, pasta, potatoes, salmon, shrimp cocktail, mahi mahi with an orange crusted sauce, ham and honey mustard and more. mMMMm

That's my plate AFTER I ate dessert. I tried at least 6 or 7 desserts. They were all sooo delicious. The creme brulee and this other chocolate version of creme brulee were so remarkable. The texture was the most delectable smoothness in the world.
And just so you know HOW full I was, look at my stomach in that pic, I know you might not think it looks very big, but remember, I'm thin as a rail, most times my stomach is concave, yet here we see it very convex, and I was even probably trying to hold it in so the food didn't splinter the walls of my abdomen and burst forth in a never-ending avalanche of delectable ingested and partially digested foods. Truly I emerged from the Joseph Smith Memorial Building impregnated... with a food baby.



The View. It was glorious. Breathtaking.



Russell. My favorite. I was in heaven gorging myself on amazing food, staring at the temple, with him by my side.



I'm also getting very close to finishing this crazy painting I'm working on:

6 comments:

deb said...

Yay! Sounds like everything is super awesome right now. What kind of school are you at? Is it a charter? And you make a lovely food baby momma.

smart alec said...

whoa, i like the painting a lot! and the adorable pictures of you two. such cuteness. i'm jealous you ate at the roof. now i want all of those desserts.

Dani said...

Whoa...so much in one post! i'm diggin' it. All of it. Teaching, Russell, especially that last painting.
Hay, i love that painting! you're going to give it to me when you're finished, right?

hayley said...

Deborah:
It's a private school founded on the teachings of Marie Montessori who studied children and how they learn. For further reading go to the Dancing Moose Montessori sight or Google Marie Montessori. Thank you, I try to be a good food baby momma.
Ali:
THANK YOU! And you must go to the Roof. You of all people would appreciate the delicate textures and subtly mingled flavors of the desserts.
Dani:
Don't be diggin' Russell, you got yo own man!!! HA. I'm glad you like the painting. But, no, you may not have it. It's for a show called "Big Eyed Women" that will be happening sometime in the near future. See blog list.

Unknown said...

What a joyous weekend! I'm never been to the Roof, but it sounds awesome. I really want to go to the Park City outlets soon. My wardrobe is so drab and boring.

Wonderful painting!

Anonymous said...

Love the new art, the new job - wahoo!, the old pics, and the new Russell. And can I just say - about your convex stomach - 'gimmie a break!'
Love ya!